Top 8 Career Options After 12th Science PCB
Various career options available after passing out class 12 with PCB/PCM. Everyone can’t become a doctor or is not interested to be one, so we have brought 10 career options for both students with PCB/PCM and none of them needs you to take NEET.
Career Expert & Blogger
Best 10 Career Options after class 12th in Science stream PCB
- Radiology and Image Technology: This course prepares you to be a radiologist or a Medical Imaging Technologist. Both UG and PG courses (BSc and MSc) available in this stream, at UG level admission some institutions might need mathematics along with PCB in class 12. The following can be the career options after this course- Radiology Technician, Radiologist, MRI Technician, Ultrasound Technician / Diagnostic Medical Sonographer, CT Tech / CAT scan Technologist / CT Scan Technologist.
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
- National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro-Sciences, Bangalore
- Seth GS Medical College Mumbai
- Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute, Bangalore
- University College of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
- Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore
- Dietetics and Nutrition: These medical professionals are very important team members of the operation unit team who have to work alongside the surgeon, nurses and anaesthesiologist for providing instant patient care before the surgery, throughout and after the surgery. This is a sub discipline of medicine that focuses on various aspects of food and its effect on the human body. Both BSC and MSC in this subject are also there in many universities.
- Institute of Home Economics
- Lady Irwin
- Govt. Home Science College
- Symbiosis School of Biological Sciences
- Women's Christian College
- Naturopathy and Yogic Science: The course with the name of Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences (BNYS) is available in many universities in India and abroad which is a medical degree with integration of naturopathy and yoga therapy. Work Fields: Programme Officer, Research Officer, Assistant Research Officer, Naturopathy Consultant, Naturopathy physician.
- Naturopathy institute of medical sciences, Banaras
- Pt Deendayal Upadhyay memorial, Raipur
- Morarji Desai Institute of Naturopathy & yogic Sciences, Vadodara
- Swastya Kalyan Institute of Yogic sciences, Jaipur
- Vivekananda Yoga College, Sikar
- Biochemistry: The study of the chemical basis of life in living organisms. It plays a key role in Medical and Health Sciences, Agriculture, Molecular Biology, Forensic science etc. Some of the sub branches of Biochemistry are animal biochemistry, medical biochemistry, clinical biochemistry etc. Employment Domain: Medical and Dental Colleges, Clinical Research Institutes, Pharma Industry, Pathology Labs.
- VP Chest Institute of Medical Science, Delhi
- Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi
- Lady Hardinge Medical College
- Forensic Science: This is the program where students study about crimes and crimes, study about techniques and tools that are used in solving the various criminal cases anytime. Different techniques and evidence collection techniques are involved in solving and investigating a crime, they also look after the legal applications of science. This is a very promising field and various universities provide Masters in this subject. Work Area: Medical examiner, Crime lab Analyst, Crime Scene Examiner, Forensic Engineer, Language expert, Evidence Enhancer.
- Banaras Hindu University
- Institute of forensic science
- Government Institute of forensic science
- Mumbai University
- Indira Gandhi Institute of medical science
- Operation Theatre Technology: The technicians in this field are required to manage and maintain the operation theatre. They have to take care of patients inside the operation theatre which is very important. Students can begin with the UG course in OT and Anaesthesia Technology. These technicians are required in all the hospitals that have and maintain an operation theatre.
- Christian Medical College
- Chandigarh University
- Government Medical College
- NIMS University
- Neuroscience: Neuroscience is the in depth study of the complete nervous system, which includes the brain and its connection with the spinal cord. Many colleges and universities offer both UG and PG degree courses in neurosciences in India and abroad. Branches of neuroscience: Behavioural neuroscience, Clinical neuroscience, Cognitive neuroscience, Computational neuroscience, Molecular and cellular neuroscience, Neuro-engineering, Neuro-informatics, Neuro-linguistics, Neuro-physiology. Admission to MSc neuroscience at NBRC (National Brain Research Centre) can be taken after BSc in life sciences, biotechnology, biochemistry, pharmacy, veterinary sciences, psychology etc.
- National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences (Karnataka)
- Vellore Medical College
- Chandigarh University
- Armed Forces Medical College
- Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute
- Optometry: Optometrists are many times called ophthalmic opticians also. They are an eye care professional who does comprehensive eye examinations, diagnosis and then does treatment of eyes. Ophthalmologists differ from optometrists and opticians in their levels of training and in what they can diagnose and treat. Bachelor of Optometry (BOPTM) is the degree at beginning level which can be followed by PG and doctorate further.
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Delhi
- Jamia Hamdard, Delhi
- Goa Medical College, Department of Optometry, Goa
- Department of Optometry, Chandigarh University
- School of Medical Sciences, University of Hyderabad
- Food Science Technology: Both BSc and MSc courses are available in this. Employment area: Restaurants, Food Processing Companies, Catering, Packaging-all companies that produce packaged food in any way, Quality Control Organizations, Research labs.
- Virology: Virology is the study of viruses and other virus-like agents which include studying their protein coat, taxonomy, and disease-producing capability, origin, and genetics among other things. The field is emerging but post covid-19 or coronavirus it is expected to grow at a much larger place. The world is going to focus its resources and energy on researching various viruses in the future. There are many universities that offer PG courses in Virology. To gain entry into this you need to possess a BSc degree in microbiology, zoology and life sciences. With the degree of doctorate in biology you can work at a pharma company, immunology labs, Government and private hospitals, and research centers.
We have discussed the best 10career options after class 12th in science Stream for both PCB and PCM so that every student who does not wish to do MBBS or is not interested to take NEET can access these fields.
- Amity Institute of Virology and Immunology, Noida
- National Institute of Virology, Pune