This blog throws light on Joint Seat Allocation Authority for admission in B.Tech.
Career & Coaching Expert
The official website of JoSAA - josaa.nic.in.
- For B.Tech admissions: The Joint Seat Allocation Authority conducts six rounds of JoSAA Counselling ,
- Admission to Engineering Colleges through JoSAA- NITs, IIITs, and GFTIs. This year, an extra super round of counselling going to be conducted through CSAB if any seats are left vacant.
• JoSAA(Joint Seat Allocation Authority) : Established by The Ministry of Human Resources Development in 2018.
• Candidates who pass the JEE Main or JEE Advanced so as to participate in counselling and admission process of 114 institutes (including IITs, NITs, IIITs, and other GFTIs) are eligible to apply for the same. JoSAA Counselling Registration & filling choice:
Step 1 - JoSAA Counselling Registration Online
Step 2 - Choice Filling
Step 3 - choice locking
After registering, candidates must fill in their online preferences for colleges and engineering programs by the deadlines set by the top institutions.
• After receiving the JoSAA 2022 seat allotment result, candidates must upload all relevant papers to the candidate site and pay the seat acceptance fee online.
• From stage 2 to round 5, applicants can withdraw their assigned seat and terminate the JoSAA 2022 Counselling Procedure.
JoSAA Eligibility Criteria:
Only the qualified candidates of JEE Advanced 2022 were eligible for JoSAA Counselling registration and filled in their choices of course and institute on the JoSAA Official Website. Candidates are being advised to choice filling within the JEE (Advanced) and JEE Main Paper 1 & 2. only one option is allocated to candidates eligible for JoSAA Counselling 2022, i.e., only 1 of the three options per paper. As a result, always prioritize your options. Below are some more criteria for JoSAA:
• JEE Advanced 2022 qualified for academic programs at IITs and ISM (excluding preparatory courses). • Plus fulfills the "Performance in 12th class XII (or equivalent) test" criteria by including Physics and arithmetic as courses, still collectively of the following: Chemistry, Biotechnology, Biology, or Technical Vocational topics.
JoSAA Mock Allotment : Before the seat allocation, a mock allocation is performed. Mock Allotment informs candidates of their chances of admission to their desired colleges supported their rank and preferences. Candidates can then modify their college and course selections as per this information.
JoSAA Seat Allotment : Following two mock allocations, the final JoSAA seat allocation are held in six rounds. Seats are assigned to registered candidates as per their performance in qualifying examination (JEE Main or JEE Advanced) and as per the choices they fill up during registration. However, if a candidate is dissatisfied with the seat assigned to him or her, they'll have the subsequent options for moving forward.
• Floating: this feature is for candidates who want to just accept the offered seat but also want to attend a better/more preferred college or course.
• Freezing: If a candidate chooses this feature, it implies that he or she has accepted the allotted seat and doesn't want to participate in to any extent further rounds.
• Sliding: If this option is opted, it implies that the candidate has accepted the allotted seat, but if admissions are available during a better course at the same institute, he or she is going to apply for upgradation.
JoSAA Seat Allotment :
For Defence Service (DS) students:
• Unfilled category seats are released under JoSAA Counselling 2022.
• Two seats in IITs are reserved for college students from the DS category.
• He or she must be listed on the Common Rank List (CRL)
• These students are going to be included in their birth category further as the DS category.
• Candidates with an overseas tag are evaluated within the GEN category.
• They must be within the CRL and meet all of the wants for the GEN category.
• Seats assigned to them are going to be designated as supernumerary.
• Supernumerary seats will account for 10% of the whole number of seats. • Foreign candidates won't be considered for admission to NITs, IIEST, IIITs (Triple-I-Ts), and Other-GFTIs through JoSAA counselling.
• Unfilled OPEN-PwD seats are assigned to applicants from the CRL-PwD preparatory rank list if no more applicants from the CRL-PwD rank list have chosen it.
• Seats within the OBC-NCL-PwD preparatory rank list are assigned to applicants within the OBC-NCL-PwD rank list if no more applicants within the OBC-NCL-PwD rank list go for it.
• If no more applicants from the SC-PwD rank list go for it, the remaining SC-PwD seats are going to be allocated to applicants from the SC-PwD preparatory rank list.
• Unfilled ST-PwD seats are assigned through the ST-PwD preparatory rank list.
• SC seats that remain unfilled are going to be filled from the SC preparatory rank list.
• If no more applicants from the ST rank list go for it, the remaining unfilled ST seats are allocated to applicants from the ST preparatory rank list.
• In each round of seat allocation, remaining OBC category seats are de-reserved and regarded OPEN category seats.
• There are no de-reservation for seats within the SC/ST categories. JoSAA Seat Allocation Result
To verify the JoSAA seat allotment outcome, students must do the following:
• Go to the JoSAA official website, josaa.nic.in.
• Select the "View Seat Allotment Result" option.
• Select "Login."
• The results of the JoSAA, seat allotment are presented on the screen.
JEE Main Cut off: JoSAA Opening & closing Rank The list includes 23 IITs, 31 NITs, IIEST Shibpur, 26 IIITs, and 29 Other GFTIs, further as rankings for various academic programmes.