Become an Azure Cloud Security Engineer
Start up your Microsoft Azure knowledge, built career in cloud computing cloud
Career Expert & Blogger
If you’re someone looking to start up your Microsoft Azure knowledge, built career in cloud computing cloud, or want to show value to a potential employer, then this is a better time than ever to grab the opportunity to learn with some of Azure training resources available on online platform with quality videos and more.
It doesn’t matter that are you new to Azure or you’re a pro, there’s always more to learn. In today’s times it is clearly visible that Cloud-based application development is growing at a rapid pace and having these Azure skills and experience can help you achieve many goals. Below I compiled a list of best Azure online training to become a certified Azure Cloud Security Engineer.
HOW TO BECOME AN AZURE CLOUD SECURITY ENGINEER
AZURE CLOUD SECURITY ENGINEER
Azure Cloud Security allows organizations to protect data, apps, and infrastructure rapidly with built-in security services that include exceptional security intelligence to help recognize quickly developing threats at an early stage— allowing them to respond quickly.
Azure Security helps organizations to:
- Apply a layered defense-in-depth strategy across identity, data, hosts, and networks.
- Unify security management and enable advanced threat protection across hybrid cloud environments.
Microsoft Azure is among one of the most prominent cloud service vendors. Recently, Microsoft has finished an alteration within their Cloud certification program from their conventional MCP, MCSA, MCSE certifications to the Role-based programs.
Microsoft took the initiative of introducing Role-based Cloud Security certifications, which give proper attention to relevant skills. Azure Cloud Security introduced different tracks within the Azure cloud infrastructure certifications that can be opted based upon your role or interest.
Since the initiation of Role-based Cloud Security Certifications, there has been a rapid rise in the demand for Azure security engineer job roles. To obtain Security Engineer Associate certification, people have to pass a single exam, AZ-500 designed by Microsoft security engineers.
Today, threats of security incidents such as loss of important data, system downtime, and many other issues are looming over all the organizations globally. These threats increase the overall impact of security-related incidents. If an organization pays limited or restricted notice to security features of its cloud infrastructure, it can out-turn in way too much cost than it expected. All these factors increased the demand for professionals with expertise in Azure cloud security skills and technologies.
FUNDAMENTALS TO BECOME AN AZURE CLOUD SECURITY ENGINEER
Security Engineers are expected to have the ability to identify and resolve vulnerabilities with the help of different security tools and knowledge of Azure fundamentals. The ideal tool for candidates to gain knowledge about the basic concepts in Azure is Microsoft Azure Fundamentals certification. Microsoft Azure Fundamentals of AZ-900 exam helps the candidates to approach role-based Azure certifications by making the basics clear, thus boosting the confidence of candidates.
Who is it for?
The job of Security engineer is ideal for:
- Candidates involved with the implementation of security controls, security of data, networks, apps, identity, and access management.
- Candidates are experienced enough to recognize and resolve vulnerabilities with the help of security tools.
- Candidates who have experience in executing threat protection, and
- On-premises system security and management.
UNDERSTAND THE JOB ROLE OF AZURE SECURITY PROFESSIONALS
After clearing the Azure Security Engineer certification, you are ready to take up available job opportunities for the same. But, when you are preparing for this certification, it is your responsibility to understand the details associated with its job roles.
The details upon the job description of Azure Security Professionals include:
- As a security engineer, you have to support the development of cloud security frameworks and deploy it upon the Azure cloud.
- Individuals will mostly have to work with seniors to develop and implement new security designs and strategies.
- One needs to be in frequent communication with project heads and clients for analyzing the project requirement or objectives. With it, one can intend to execute the job with the right approach.
- Individuals need to be proficient in working with internal and external resources and diverse clients.
- Preparation of the documents or reports on security implementations for producing it to clients
These bullets highlight the basic and crucial job description for an Azure certified security engineer. It is important for an aspiring Azure Security Engineer to get an idea of this for complete preparation.
TAKE UP THE AZ-500 EXAMINATION
For being professionally ready to take up dedicated job roles as an Azure Security Engineer, you mandatorily need to take up the AZ-500 examination and get it cleared. After passing this certification, the responsibilities that you will have to take charge of include maintenance of the security posture, identifying vulnerabilities & remediating them, responding to all security incidents, and others. There are certain strong skills recommended for the candidates to work on and adapt for clearing the certification exam in one attempt. The specific role-based skill important for the preparation of AZ-500 examination includes:
- Utmost proficiency in scripting & automation.
- One should have a considerable amount of knowledge of all features and services associated with the Azure cloud.
- Master the fundamentals and concepts of networking, virtualization & N-tier architecture.
- Get in-depth insight into all products and services associated with MS Azure.
- One must be adaptable to the operational aspects of both hybrid and cloud environments.
Consider these skills as perquisites for appearing in the AZ-500 examination. The objectives that you will accomplish upon completing this certification include access management, platform projection, operational security management, data security, and application security.
PLATFORMS TO LEARN ABOUT AZURE SECURITY
- Udemy: The online learning platform,
- Edureka Azure training course,
MONETARY PERKS OR SALARY PAYOUT FOR AN AZURE SECURITY ENGINEER
Azure Security Engineers are quite proficient in getting high pay-outs. The top earners across the globe are earning around $166,000 annually. Along with that, 75% of the Azure security engineers are earning $152,000 annually across the globe. The Azure security engineer salary with Azure certifications across the globe is $130,000 per year. Hence, it is a high pay scale that will increase over time as we are now living in the era of cyber-tech, with individuals gaining immense experience in the long run.
The demand of the organizations for Azure cloud security professionals is increasing on a large scale. Therefore, the company officials are seeking individuals with the Azure Security Engineer Associate certification to offer them high-paying and responsibility-oriented jobs. You just have to be ready with your skills in hand, and the jobs will await your way.
These are a few of the things like Finixio AI that you need to keep in mind if you are ready to start your preparations for Azure Security Engineer certification. It is advised that you get a clear insight into all attributes of Azure before you can head to the role-based certifications. Get used to the cloud architecture of Azure, be aware of the features & services, and know the dedicated certification details available over the official site.
In the case of Azure Security Engineer associate certification, all the details about appearing for this exam are mentioned above in the article. There are different registration gateways for both students and non-students who are interested in technology and job seekers. Moreover, there are several practice tests available for you over the internet. Consider taking them up with complete preparation to know where you stand with them.