Tips and tricks to ace CUCET 2022
CUCET is an entrance exam, which is conducted by Central University (CU). It is a university-level examination, which takes place online and is mandatory if you want to get admission to various UG & PG engineering or management courses offered by Central
Career Expert & Blogger
The basic exam pattern that you can follow to ace your CUCET exams are mentioned below.
The entrance exam’s duration is 2 hours and the question paper is in the MCQ form; There is a negative marking of 0.25 marks and one mark for every correct answer. the exam pattern for UI & PG Programmes is:
- Part A: Language, General Awareness, Mathematical and Analytical Skills – comprising of 25 MCQs
- Part B: 75 MCQs questions from Domain Knowledge. This part may consist of multiple sections of 25 questions each.
The entrance exam for research-based programmes was conducted for 2 hours and there is no negative marking. It is a computer-based test and the exam pattern for RP Programmes is:
- Part A: Language, General awareness, Maths, Analytical reasoning and Research Methodology comprising of 50 MCQs
- Part B: 50 MCQs questions from Domain Knowledge
CUCET 2022 Colleges and Universities
The eligible candidates after the CUCET examination can apply for their higher education in the following universities.
Dr B R Ambedkar School of Economics
Central University of Andhra University
Central University of Gujarat
Central University of Haryana
Central University of Jammu
Central University of Karnataka
Central University of Kashmir
Central University of Kerala
Central University of Rajasthan
Central University of South Bihar
Central University of Tamil Nadu
Central University of Punjab
CUCET is conducted for multiple programmes in different courses and the syllabus for every programme is different. Candidates can check the syllabus for every course and programme on the official website. Here are the common topics covered in the entrance exam: Part A are-
- Logical Reasoning
- General Knowledge
- Analytical Skills,
- Quantitative Reasoning
How to Access CUCET Syllabus 2022?
- After you click on the link given above, the link will redirect you to Program Details.
- Scroll down and fill out the details of the program and the university you wish to apply to.
- Download the Syllabus for the desired program and start your preparation.
How to Prepare for CUCET 2022?
The CUCET entrance exam is conducted for a wide range of programmes and courses under the Central Universities across India. The syllabus for each exam depends on the chosen subject and the applied degree. There are a total of 100 questions in every exam- 25 questions are from the general category like Maths, English, GK while 75 questions are subject-specific. Here are some pro-tips on how to prepare for CUCET 2021
- Study the exam pattern and the syllabus for every exam. It is important to know the syllabus of the exam before you start preparing.
- Study the previous year question papers, sample papers and question banks to know what topics are given heavy weightage.
- Post-graduate and research scholars should focus on the important topics of their previous course degree while UG candidates should focus on covering NCERTs for the Part B -paper for domain knowledge.
- Lastly, regular practice and solving question papers is a vital part of how to prepare for CUCET.
CUCET 2022 Preparation Books
Here are some CUCET preparation books that candidates can use for the upcoming exams-
- General Knowledge by Dr Binay Karna, R. P. Suman
- Objective General Knowledge by Sanjiv Kumar
- Competitive English Grammar & Composition by Arihant
- High School English Grammar and Composition by Wren and Martin
- Analytical Reasoning and Logical Reasoning by Arihant Publication
- A Modern Approach to Logical Reasoning by R. S Aggarwal
- A New Approach to REASONING Verbal & Non-Verbal by B.S. Sijwalii and Indu Sijwali
- Objective Arithmetic by R S Aggarwal
- Candidates preparing for PG and RP programmes should use their UG and PG study material to prepare for the CUCET exam.
- Candidates preparing for UG programmes can use subject-specific NCERT books and study guides by publishers like R Gupta and Arihant for domain-specific papers such as Self-Study for LLB Entrance Exam bu Arihant Experts, Self-Study for B. Pharma, Study Guide for BCA.
CUCET Courses 2022
Through the Central Universities Common Entrance Test, applicants can get admission to central universities and state universities that offer UG- integrated courses, PG and doctoral programmes in an array of subjects. Let’s look at the courses under CUCET-
Central universities offer bachelor courses through the CUCET. Applicants have to meet the minimum eligibility criteria for each programme in order to seek admission. There popular bachelor programmes, as well as integrated programmes offered through this entrance, are-
- B.E/B.tech in Computer Science Engineering/Electrical/Civil
- B.Voc in Biomedical Sciences/Industrial Waste Management
- BSc in Geography/Geology/Psychology/Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics
- BCA- Bachelors in Computer Application
- Integrated B.A. B.Ed
- Integrated B.A. LLB
- Integrated B.Sc/M.Sc. Botany/Zoology/Chemistry/Physics/Maths/Biotechnology
Under CUCET, candidates can also apply for a plethora of masters courses in different subjects Let’s look at the popular master courses offered by the various central universities under CUCET-
- L.L. M -Law
- M.Ed – Education
- MA in English, History, Social, Work, Sociology, Political Science, Psychology, Economics
- MSc in Geography/Computer Science/Physics/Maths/Economics
- MTech in various specialisations
- MBA in popular specialisations like Business Administration/Tourism and Hotel Management/Agribusiness.
Several central universities offer admissions to their PhD programmes via CUCET. Candidates must have a master's programme in the equivalent course to qualify for the entrance and interview conducted by the authority. Here is the list of PhD popular courses-
- Business Administration
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Political Science