Career in the fashion industry
As you know, Fashion is the art of crafting customised apparel and lifestyle accessories and has turned into a career option now. So, check out this blog for enthralling career in fashion industry.
Fashion is the art of crafting customised apparel and lifestyle accessories and has turned into a career option now. It is a promising profession that is creative, and at the same time, serves a high package in the glamorous industry. However, it is a demanding sector, as one needs to be creative, and possess good managerial skills too. If you can create magic with shades, shapes, designs, cuts, and textiles, you have landed on the perfect article to stitch the decision that you have made a bit stronger
The fashion industry is a modern product, and the industry is made up of different types of companies, including shops, design suppliers, and sales companies. The Indian fashion industry can continue to grow and expand its appeal. The fashion industry is heating up to its current level of sustainability.
What Does a Fashion Industry Do?
- It’s a designing process, from conception through the final look
- Involving in market research, trends in fabrics, techniques, and striving for design inspiration
- Editing the designs in-stream and creating new concepts
- Selecting apt fabrics and snips
- Developing sketches for customised packages
- Collaborating with the technical team to make sure the packages are accurate
- Re-examining product before presentations
- Presenting story, theme, and seasonal boards to clients
Nowadays, there are endless opportunities in the fashion industry as endless jobs with profitable salaries are available for creative mindsets.
TYPE OF WORK: Choosing a profession in fashion design is a common choice among different people around the world. It is one of the most rewarding career paths available in the world, especially in India.
- FASHION DESIGNER:
- Fashion design entails the production of unique designs for clothing and accessories with transitioning trends.
- Fashion design covers a wider field of design that includes jewellery, footwear, accessories, luggage, and other products.
- The salary for a fashion designer varies depending on the place of employment and professional reputation.
- FASHION STYLIST:
- Fashion styling includes maintaining the appearance and elegance of fashion shows, events, publication shoots and other similar fashion-related promotional initiatives.
- They pay attention to makeup, dress, and hairstyle to guarantee that the show, cast members, celebrity clients, etc., look their best.
- This is one of the toughest and the most exciting job profile when we talk about a career in this field. Being a Fashion stylist, your job is to select the right pieces from the designers’ collection or wardrobe to pick the best outfits with respect to clients’ body type, preferences, and tastes. A stylist takes cares from makeups, accessories, hairstyles to the overall look of a person.
- A stylist’s starting salary varies by place of work and reputation, but on average a stylist earns between Rs 3 and Rs 6 lakh per year as a starting salary.
- A profession that needs no introduction, fashion designers are precisely linked with the industry. If you are a fashionista yourself, you might have definitely heard about the top Indian fashion designers such as Varun Bahl, Manish Malhotra, Sabyasachi, Rohit Bal, etc. They have actually managed to transform the fashion scene in Bollywood.
- FASHION DEALERS: They investigate their customers’ historical buying trends to choose which products to supply to a company.
- They investigate their clients’ purchase tendencies to choose what products to provide for a company.
- They typically work with the management to create budgets and revenue-generating goods.
- They also attend fashion events and conduct research to stay updated with the latest trends.
- RESPONSIBLE FOR DETAILS:
- A store manager is responsible for a variety of responsibilities, including setting sales goals and promoting items.
- One of your primary responsibilities is to provide the best possible degree of customer satisfaction.
- The functions and responsibilities of retail managers in the fashion industry are the same everywhere.
- TEXTILE DESIGNER:
- A textile designer designs 2D unique or repetitive patterns for printed fabrics, weave, and knit patterns. These fabrics may be used in the interiors to make clothes or as soft furnishing.
- Textile designers either work as a part of the team in industrial and non-industrial settings or even work independently. Most of the textile designers use CAD to design textures and patterns.
- Textile designers are in high demand in textile and fashion design studios. Their work determines the innate quality of the product, the composition and how it would fit for a purpose in general. This camp provides a starting salary of over Rs 4.5 lakh per year and increases as experience increases.
- FASHION PR SPECIALIST:
- Public relations professionals working for apparel companies help build and maintain a good brand image.
- They collaborate with marketers to create events that increase consumer awareness of the brand and product. Additionally, the public relations professional is in charge of writing press releases and answering questions from the media.
- DESIGNER UX:
- While we’re all heading towards digitalization, so does the fast fashion industry. Digital design is also the future of the fashion industry.
- Anyone who can have a good grasp in fashion and technology must therefore choose UX design as a career path. In today’s scenario, digital designers are in high demand. UX designers focus on the usability and functionality of digital design.
- PRODUCT DEVELOPERS:
- From the conception of the design to the completion of production, the product developers manage the apparel process.
- They are the garment company’s main contact with the manufacturer and are in charge of selecting the best factories for each product. The budget and timing arrangements for production are managed by the product developer.
- JEWELLERY AND FOOTWEAR DESIGNING:
- Jewellry and footwear is a whole distinct market in the industry that compliments the textile sector. After all, without the right footwear and the right fashion accessories, even the perfect dress remains incomplete.
- Individual graphics printed on clothing and other products are created by graphic designers using a combination of hand sketches and computer-aided design.
- Graphic designers have a keen sense of color and design harmony, which they use to create aesthetically appealing visuals.
- RETAIL BUYER:
- Retail shoppers choose the variety of goods available for customers to peruse in retail stores or department stores. When choosing things to offer, they evaluate market demands, current style trends, pricing, quality and their customers’ buying patterns.
- Once you pursue this career, you will have a great understanding of what clothes will look great on which people. As a retail buyer, you can build up your own store and sell your own products or you can get the products from other designers as well. This field is pretty lucrative if done right.
- CREATIVE DIRECTOR:
- Creative directors are responsible for deciding the overall concept, color palette and style of a clothing season. They might be working for a fashion company or a fashion publication.
- A clothing creative director conducts trend research and analyzes high-level sales data to identify which trends and styles are most likely to be bought by their customers.
- RETAIL MANAGER:
- Getting a job at a boutique, departmental store, or huge brands such as Lifestyle, Zara, Emporio Armani, etc can be highly satisfactory.
- A retail manager is accountable for setting up daily targets for the staff and ensures that marketing and promotions are functioning in a proper way or not
- PERSONAL SHOPPER:
- Are you in love with shopping? It’s time to be happy because a personal shopper is an expert who helps brides, celebrities, and even everyday snappy dressers to pluck out the best dresses from the hangers. But remember! You must be a professional so that you can hammer out the best deals, best shops, and pick the most suitable designs and brands as per the client’s requirements.
- MAKEUP ARTIST:
- A makeup artist takes cares of the skincare, hairstyling, grooming, and anything related to an additional appearance of the body. However, it’s important to note that makeup artists are different from beauticians as they are not limited to normal beauty treatments.
- Makeup artists are hired for weddings, pre-wedding photoshoots, bridal makeup, fashion events, celebrities, and models.
16. Fashion Model
· A model is the one who acts and walk on a ramp to show the new trends in order to promote commercial products in the market. Some fashion designers wear their own clothes to represent themselves or sometimes they hire models to promote their work.
· If we talk about the general trend, a lot of fashion models have signed themselves with modeling agencies. Such agencies bridge the gap between the models and the prospects.
Qualifications to Shine in Fashion Industry
To start a career in the field after 12th, you will have to clear NID exam/UCEED/CEED/NIFT entrance exam for pursuing bachelor’s courses in India while you can also find many diploma and short-term courses.