CoachingSelect News

UP school fees hike by 11 percent increase in all private and unaided schools from next session

December 18, 2022

The Private and Unaided Schools Association of Uttar Pradesh given its final approval to the fee rise decision. School fees will rise by 11.69% in each class beginning with the next academic session.

The fee increase will take effect on April 1, 2023. The UP government banned fee rises during Covid-19, but they were reinstated this year for the first time.

A price increase is now scheduled for next year as well.

According to the Uttar Pradesh Charge Regulation Act 2018, fees at private schools in Uttar Pradesh can be increased by adding 5% to the CPI in the yearly composite fee.
The current CPI is 6.69% for the fiscal year 2022-2023. According to the Act, school fees can only be raised by 6.69% + 5%, for a total of 11.69%. This demonstrates that schools may raise their fees in the coming session.