About IIM Ahmedabad
The decade following independence in 1947 was witness to a surge of innovative ideas to build a fledgling independent nation into a model democratic state committed to growth with equity. The establishment of the Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad (IIMA) was the outcome of one such innovative initiative.
Led by space scientist Dr. Vikram Sarabhai and an eminent industrialist and philanthropist Shri Kasturbhai Lalbhai, and proactively supported by the then Chief Minister of Gujarat, Dr. Jivraj Mehta, a group of enlightened individuals set up IIMA in 1961. This group ably wove together a coalition of five actors - the governments at the centre and the state, local industrialists, the Ford Foundation and the Harvard Business School, to establish the foundations of the Institute.
IIMA was set up as an institution that would be managed by a Society, the IIMA Society, created under the Societies Act. The Institute was to be run by a Board of Governors, constituted by the IIMA Society; the Board would have representation from all the relevant constituencies so as to reflect the multifarious needs of a developing nation. IIMA was therefore conceived as a Board-managed institution, free from the exclusive control of any one constituency. Thus, operational freedom is an integral part of the DNA of IIMA.
IIMA has been consistently ranked as the premier management school in the country by several national agencies. IIMA programmes are also ranked highly in several international rankings. In 2008, IIMA became the first management school in the country to be awarded EQUIS (European Quality Improvement System) accreditation by the EFMD (European Foundation for Management Development).
|MBA||₹23,00,000 (Total Fees)||385||Bachelor's degree|
The CAT cutoff for IIM is typically up to 99 to 100 percentile for General category students. For the reserved category students who appeared in CAT, the cutoff of CAT 2021 is slightly lower at 97 to 98 percentile.
IIM Ahmedabad, the top ranked B-school in NIRF Ranking 2020, is the first among the 20 IIMs to announce its MBA admission criteria immediately after the start of CAT 2021 registration process. The institute will award 65% weight to CAT exam score in shortlisting and 25% weight in final selection round for MBA admission 2022. The selection of the candidates for admission 2022 to IIM Ahmedabad is a two-step process.
IIM-A Admission 2022: Shortlisting & Final Selection Criteria
- CAT 2021 Score gets 65% weight in Shortlisting 2022
- 5% Weightage for work experience at shortlisting stage 2022
- Required CAT 2021 sectional score is 70 percentile for each of the three sections
- Overall required minimum CAT 2021 score is 80 percentile
- 60% weight goes to PI-WAT in final selection
- Only 25% weightage will be given for CAT 2021 score in final admission selection 2022
IIM Ahmedabad Admission 2022: Two Step Process
IIM Ahmedabad follows two step criteria for MBA admission 2022
Step-1: In the first step, IIM Ahmedabad will shortlist the candidates for Analytical Writing Test (AWT) and Personal Interview (PI) from among the candidates who have a valid CAT-2021 score, who have applied to the programme and who satisfy the eligibility criteria for the programme.
Step-2: The second step is the final selection criteria on the basis of which admission offer will be made to the successful candidates
Admission 2022 Process Online or Offline: Depends on Prevailing Covid Situation
IIM Ahmedabad has clarified in its admission policy 2022 that its implementation and changes in it, will depend upon the prevailing Covid pandemic situation and directives from the Government.
Admission Process at a glance
The PGP programme at IIM Ahmedabad is renowned as one of the toughest MBA programmes in the world. Sharing the highlights of its selection process, IIM Ahmedabad shares as under:
- IIM Ahmedabad is in a position to accommodate less than 0.1 per cent of the PGP applicants who have applied for CAT 2021
- The selection process is rigorous and designed in a manner to ensure that only the very best succeed.
- IIM Ahmedabad admission process consists of the nationally administered Common Admission Test (CAT), and subsequent rounds of personal interviews
- The students are selected on the basis of their CAT scores, past academic performance and performance in the interviews.
IIM Ahmedabad Batch Profile for PGP & PGP-FABM 2021-23: Highlights
- 432 Students have joined IIM-A 58th PGP (MBA) Batch and 22nd PGP FABM Batch
- Selected students have scholastic achievements in disciplines such as arts, commerce, science and professional streams such as engineering, technology and medicine
- Many of the selected students at IIM Ahmedabad have achievements in extra-curricular and organisational activities
- Some of the qualities that students possess are high levels of initiative and energy, capacity for hard work, strong task orientation, willingness to learn, and a temperament suitable for teamwork
- The PGP classes at IIM Ahmedabad have a mix of fresh graduates and persons with work experience
IIMA PGP 2021-23 Batch Profile: Key Highlights
- 385 students have joined the IIMA flagship PGP 2021-23 batch
- PGP 2021-23 batch comprises 28% women and 72% Men
- 28% of the batch is made up of Non-Engineers
- Average age of the PGP class is around 23 years
- 67% of the total students are professionals with prior work experience
IIMA PGP FABM 2021-23 Batch Profile: Key Highlights
- 47 students have joined PGP-FABM Batch 2021-23
- PGP-FABM 2021-23 batch comprises 43% women and 57% men
- 96% students are in the age group of 21 to 25 years
- 14 students are with prior work experience
- PGP-FABM programme has witnessed an increase in the number of students from agriculture and allied backgrounds as compared to the previous two years.
IIM Ahmedabad is the topmost B-School amongst all the other IIMs in the country. The institute is not only known for its premier status but also for its high ROI. The average fee for its MBA program ranges at INR. 23 LPA, while the average package bagged by its students ranges above INR. 25 LPA.
The institute recently concluded its 2021 Placement drive for the MBA (PGP) and FABM (PGP-FABM) programs, wherein the students got placed under some of the top industry giants such as- BCG, Nomura, Ola, Samsung Electronics, CK Birla Group, Accenture, American Express, Arthur D. Little, Avendus, Bain & Co, Citi, Credit Suisse, Goldman Sachs, and etc.
IIM Ahmedabad inaugurated its Final Placement drive on March 2, 2021 wherein the students bagged 32 jobs under the consulting domain on Day 1. During the Cluster-2, Consumer goods major Hindustan Unilever Limited (HUL), Samsung Electronics and CK Birla Group made the highest number of offers at six each including pre-placement offers (PPOs).
The placement process came to a conclusion with the Cluster-3, wherein, the maximum number of offers were made by Analytics and IT Consulting firms followed by BFSI. Yet again IIM Ahmedabad recorded a 100% placement rate for the 2021 placement drive.
Under the FABM program, the institute witnessed the participation of 32 companies ranging from sectors such as Agri Inputs and Services, Food and Agri Consulting, Agri Commodity Trading, AgriTech, Logistics and Supply Chain, FMCG, Food Processing, e-Commerce, Retail, Biomedical and Pharmaceuticals.
Scholarships on Offer:
The program has instituted 5 Interest Waiver Scholarship on merit basis which will work as interest waiver on bank loan taken by students (for the program fee) for a year. Maximum amount for the scholarship can go up to 3 Lakhs.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does the Institute provide Placement Support/Career Services for the ePGP?
Placement Support/Career Services are not provided for this programme.
How are candidates shortlisted for personal interview?
The candidates are shortlisted based on criteria such as CAT / GMAT / GRE / IAT (IIMA Admission Test) Test score, educational qualifications and their work experience.
How is the ePGP different from the other long duration programmes at IIMA?
While other IIMA long duration programmes are residential, the ePGP is offered through a satellite technology-enabled interactive class room in your city with classroom modules conducted in the IIMA campus at different time-slots.
How many years of work experience does the candidate need to have?
Working professionals and entrepreneurs with a minimum of 3 years full-time work experience can apply for the programme. Only work experience after, completion of graduation will be counted.
What is ePGP from IIMA?
e-Mode Post Graduate Programme (ePGP) in Management is a two-year post graduate programme (with added flexibility of completion in 3 years), leading to awarding "Master of Management Studies (eLearning Mode)", offered on Virtual Interactive Learning Platform (VILP) platform. The objective of the programme is to impart management education to junior, middle and senior level working professionals and entrepreneurs seeking skills and strategies to take their organizations to the next level.
What is meant by "programme conducted in your city"?
The sessions will be delivered at identified service partner's (VCNow) centres. Therefore, the candidates will get a flexibility to attend the online sessions in their city.
Will I be getting Master Degree / Diploma upon successful completion of the programme?
A Master's Degree will be issued on successful completion of the ePGP course.
Would I have access to the infrastructure facilities at the IIM Ahmedabad campus?
Yes, The candidates are welcome to visit and use any of the physical infrastructure facilities at the IIM Ahmedabad campus, including the library, computer facilities, digital resources, databases, etc. on their campus visit.